Word Count

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Esio Trot

I read a book, Esio Trot. Have you ever read it? Roald Dahl wrote it.

I'll write about this story a little bit. This is about Mr. Hoppy's love story, but it's not just a love story. This is a strange love story. Mr. Hoppy is love with Mrs. Silver, but her all of attentions focused on Alfie which is a Mrs. Silver's pet. To get her attention, he makes Alfie bigger with a brilliant idea.

When I saw the cover of the book first, I wonder what mean the title, Esio Trot had. Esio Trot is a tortoise language. Do you notice? You can read "Tortoise" from the title. It's written backwords! So if you read from last, you'll read. The witty title is so funny.

Mr. Hoppy collects many tortoises to get Mrs. Silver's attention, and he use these, after all, he makes Alfie bigger. He changes Alfie for an another bigger tortoise!! It's a very strange story, but it's funny and a cute story, I think. 

The distance between their balconies might not have been more than a few yards, but to Mr. Hoppy it seemed like a million miles.

This sentence is from the book. He is too shy to tell Mrs. Silver his mind. Changing tortoises is big work to him. I like his love for Mrs. Silver, and I like his love story, Esio Trot.
(227 words)
Total this semester--- 13314 words

1 comment:

. Ruz . said...

Did my review at
http://ruzbookshelves.blogspot.com/2010/06/esio-trot-by-roald-dahl.html

Weblog Report Final